Beas Kund Trek
One of the most popular treks from Manali, Himachal Pradesh. the trek has its own religious as well as beatific significance. The bliss of the mountains, the tranquillity of the meadows, the pristine air and the sweet hush of waters rushing against the rocks, such is the beauty of the Beas Kund trek.
You start from an altitude of 8,156 ft at Solang Valley and you reach the highest point of 12,772 ft at the lake at Beas Kund. This means you gain around 4,616 ft over just three days of trekking. This can make the trek quite demanding.
As the name suggests, the trek is to the Beas Kund, the trek to the inception of the river Beas. This in itself makes it far more interesting than any other trek, because you get to witness an alpine glacier melting away into a little stream which then takes the form of a river of an enormity as that of Beas.
But it is not the simple view of the glacier and the lake that makes this trek as astounding as it is, but it is the well-trodden path of the trek which takes you through the most spectacular views of the mountains and valleys.
Another fact that adds a feather to this trek is the limited time in which it can be completed.
Theme: Trekking/ Adventure/ Mountaineering
Difficulty Level: Easy to Moderate
Nearest Town: Manali
Duration of the event: 3 Day/2 Night
Food: Veg Food Provided
Accommodation: Tent Stay on sharing Basis
Height Gain: 4471M
- Accommodation in alpine tents during camping in 3/4 sharing (trekking style camping)
- All three meals – breakfast & dinner would be hot and lunches would be packed
- Meals starts with packed lunch on day 01 of trekking till packed lunch on last day of the trek
- All transfers and sightseeing by non-AC Sumo
- Services of an experienced trekking route guide
- Cook & attendant during the trekking
- Insulation mats for trekking style camping
- Sleeping bags
- Toilet tents
- Potter’s carry kitchen and Alpine tents equipment’s.
- Kitchen tent fitted with kitchen equipment
- Entrances to places of visit, camping fee
- Presently applicable taxes
- 5% GST
- First Aid Kit.
- Any airfare / train fare or airport tax.
- Meals other than mentioned
- Trekking Shoes and clothing
- Any kind of insurance, Medical evacuation charges
- Travel insurance, repatriation charges, Damages/ claims of any nature, Expenses of personal nature like telephone calls, Laundry, Any kind of hard or soft drinks, Any kind of personal clothing, Any other