Hampta Pass Trek
Hampta Pass trek lies at an altitude of 4270 m (14039 ft) on the PirPanjal range in the Himalayas. It is a small corridor between Lahaul’s Chandra Valley and Kullu valley of Himachal Pradesh, India. ld desert of Lahaul during summer time. Numbers of wild flowers and herbs grow at the altitude between 3000 to 3800 m.
A numbers of wildflowers and herbs grow at the altitude between 3000 meters to 3800 meters. Vertical rock walls, waterfalls, hanging glaciers, pinewoods, rhododendron forests, open meadows, tiny lakes and peaks rising above 6000 metres are the main characteristics of this trek. The trek begins in the green Kullu valley and crosses over, through Hamta Pass, into the drier region of Lahaul.
Beyond Hamta Pass, trekkers can choose to extend their trek towards the beautiful Chandrataal lake.
The nearest hub is Manali, in Himachal Pradesh. Most itineraries include transport from Manali to Jobri, from where the trek begins. Depending on the trek itinerary, it takes 3–4 days to complete the trek. Some of the stops are naturally done at Chika, Balu ka Gera, Chatru, etc.
Safety of Hampta Pass – Weather wise
The trek is safe for all the 4 months of the year it is open – from June to September. However there are a few times where you need to be careful. First is early in the season in June, when there is a lot of snow on the trail starting from Balu Ka Ghera, the trail can get slippery.
Nearest Town: Manali
Duration of the event: 5 Days | 4 Nights
Grade: EASY/MODERATE/DIFFICULT: Easy to Moderate
Transportation: Provided by “Miles to Trek”
Food: Provided by “Miles to Trek”
Accommodation: Tent on sharing basis
Booking Process: Call/WhatsApp us @ 7903831603
Day 1: Manali To Chika Via Jobra
- Altitude:- Jobra 9,800ft to Chika 10,100ft
- 2 hour drive to Jobra from Manali
- 2 to 3 km, 45 minutes trek from Jobra to Chika
- Enough water through the trail
- Easy to Moderate trail
- Stay at tent
- Meeting time at Manali is 11 Am to reach Chika camp site by 5 pm
Day 2: Chika to Balu ka Ghera
- Altitude: – 10,100ft to 11,900ft
- 5Km, 6hr trek
- Moderate trail, gradual ascent
- Pack lunch will be provided
- Enough water on the way
- River crossing, boulder walk and colorful tiny flowers on the way
- Enjoy the camp site.
Day3: Balu ka Ghera to Siagoru, Crossing (Hampta Pass)
- Altitude: – 11,900ft to 14,100ft (Hampta Pass) to 12,900ft
- 7 km, 10hr trek
- No water point on the way (Depends on the snow condition)
- First 1 hour is gradual ascent then Steep ascent till the pass
- Packed lunch at the pass, enjoy the view of Indrasan peak
- Around 2 hours of steep descent and 1 hours of flat walk from the Pass to camp sight
- Coldest place of the trek
- Stay in tent
Day 4: Siagoru to Chatru drive to Chandratal
- Altitude: – 12,900ft to 11,000ft
- 7Km, 5hr trek
- Gradual descent on moraine
- Start early in the morning
- 2 to 3 water sources of water on the way
- Hot lunch at camp
- Drive to Chandratal and back to camp site, either on day 4 or day 5 (depends on road and weather condition)
Day 5: Chatru to Manali via Rothang Pass
- 85km drive
- Time taken 4-6 hour
- Breakfast at camp site
- Lunch on the way (not included in the cost)
- Rothang pass road is a very busy route; driving time may increase due to of heavy traffic. Make your further travel plan from Manali after 6:00 pm.
- Remember to carry your ID proof in original and 2 photo copies as we must submit them at the army check
- Additional information will be given by outdoor leader during
- Any decision made by outdoor leader during event will be final and will be accepted by all.
- Accommodation during the
- Trekking Equipment (Tents, Sleeping Bags)
- Safety Equipment (First Aid, ropes, ice axe, crampons etc)
- Forest permits and camping charges
- Services of Trek Leader, Guide, Cooking
- Personal Expenses of any
- Food during the Transit
- Mules or Porter charges to carry
- Anything not specifically mentioned under trek fees
Important Gear required:
- 5 Days backpack (40 – 50 litre)
- Identity proof must
- Sun Cap, Sun Glasses
- Synthetic Hand Gloves
- Woolen Cap or Balaclava
- Head Lamp
- Trekking Poles (2 pair)
- Sunscreen cream – Hand sanitizer
- Wear Trekking/sports Pant – Quick Dry Material
- T-shirts / Full sleeves preferred / Quick Dry Material
- 3 T-shirts
- 3 Insulation Layers
- 1 Outer layer
- 2 Trek Pants
- Socks 3 pairs
2 Water bottle / Hydration bag 2 – 3 liters
Plastic Covers, Toilet kit, Cutlery.
Rainwear & Monsoon Precaution:
Rain Jacket / Poncho /Waterproof pants.
Event Itinerary & Safety First:
- Please read the event itinerary
- Trekking is a specialist activity please come prepared
- Check your shoes, make sure your shoes are in good condition. repaired ones or old shoes will not last in
- If you have good gear, there is no need to invest in new gear
Physical – Mental – Medical Preparation:
- Physical and positive frame of mind will help you keep
- Bring your personal medication and basic first
- Stay calm during difficult moments it will help
- Follow Directions of Trek Leader
- Respect Local People
- Be a Cool Trekker
- We understand life can be unpredictable at times, and that plans can Cancellation policy: –
- Up to 24 Days: – 95% of Trek/Tour cost will be refunded.
Between 14-24 Day: – 80% of Trek/Tour cost will be refunded.
Between 14-03 Days: – 50% of Trek/Tour cost will be refunded.
Less than 3 Days : – No refund
In case of any worst circumstances if we cancel the trek. 100% tour cost will be refunded