Kang Yatze or Kang Yatse (elevation 6,400 metres (21,000 ft)) is a mountain located at the end of the Markha valley in the Himalayas in the Ladakh region of northwest India.It is located in the Hemis National Park.
The mountain has two main summits, the lower western peak (Kang Yatze II) is easier (Alpine PD) and more frequently climbed, although lower at about 6200m. The higher eastern peak is the true summit (Kang Yatze I) although less frequently climbed as it is across a technically difficult knife-edge traverse. An alternative is to climb the North East ridge then directly up the steep snow face (Alpine AD+/D-).
Nearest Town: Leh
Altitude: 6200 M
Duration of the event: 11D/10N
Grade: EASY/MODERATE/DIFFICULT: Moderate
Food: Provided by “MTT”
Accommodation: Tent on sharing basis
- Accommodation: Leh: Hotel on bed and breakfast basis. While on climbing/trek we will use dome/alpine tents
- Transport: Arrival, departure transfer at Leh. Also all sightseeing, drop and pick up for the trek in Leh by Toyota Qualis/Tavera.
- Meals: Leh: only breakfast will serve. Climbing/Trek: All meals will be provided. The meals will be a mix of Indian, Chinese & Continental.
- Mules/Porters: For carrying camping equipment, rations, vegetables and some amount of personal gear of the clients (one bag not weighing more than 15 kgs).
- Professional local trekking guide & cook would accompany the group.
- Trekking & camping fees
- Experience Climbing Guide
- All Peak Climbing fees
- Restricted area permit fees
- Camping fees
Cost does not include
- Air fare (Delhi – Lehand return)
- Any charges for carrying still/video cameras etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, bottled water, beverages, etc.
- Entry fee if any
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any meals/services not mentioned above
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- Travel insurance