Kedarkantha Summit Trek – 2022-23
Kedarkantha is a mountain peak of the Himalayas in Uttarakhand, India. Its elevation is 12,500 ft. Kedarkantha is located within Govind Wildlife Sanctuary in Uttarkashi district.
KEDARKANTHA TREK ITINERARY:
Trek Fee- ₹ 8,500 (Dehradun to Dehradun)
₹ 6,500 (Sankri to Sankri)
Day 1: Drive from Dehradun to Sankri (6,400Ft) which will take 8 to 10 hours and approx. of 200 km
Day 2:Trek from Sankri (6,400Ft) to Juda Ka Talab (9100 Ft), (4- 5 Hours/4 km)
Day 3: Trek from Juda ka Talab (9100 Ft) to Kedarkantha base (11,250Ft) ( 4 Hours / 2-3 Km)
Day 4: Trek from Kedarkantha base camp (11,250Ft) to Kedarkantha peak (12,500Ft ) to Hargaon
Day 5: Trek from Hargaon basecamp to Sankri
Day 6: Drive from Sankri to Dehradun (200 km will take you 8 hours)
Day1: Dehradun – Sankri (Drive 200km approx. 8hours)
Today we start our journey from Dehradun railway station early morning at 7 am and the journey will be through Mussoorie and all the way to Sankri the start point of the trek. The drive is an amazing one as it will take you through Kempty falls in Mussoorie, Barkot, Purola, Mori along the Tons river and finally will arrive at Sankri.
Transport will be arranged and you can check in a guest house in Sankri. Dinner and early retirement for the day as you must get up early for the trek next day.
Day2: Sankri – Juda Ka Talab
We start our trek from Sankri after breakfast to Juda ka Talab which is 4 km at an altitude of around 9000ft. We will be camping near a pond and the surroundings covered with oak and pine trees which make it an amazing location for camping. The trek will take 4 to 5 hours to reach. Camp and enjoy the day with nature and the beautiful view of the mountains.
Day3: Juda ka Talab – Kedarkantha base
After breakfast, we will move steadily towards Kedarkantha Basecamp which is at 11000ft and will take around 3 to 4 hours to reach. Today the trek will be mostly through pine and oak trees. On the way, you can also find shepherd huts.
Day4: Kedarkantha base camp – Kedarkantha peak – Hargaon campsite
Today we will trek to Kedarkantha Summit peak after an early breakfast which will take around 4 hours. The peak will give you a view of all the snow-clad mountain ranges of the state of Uttarakhand. Enjoy the view and rest for a while and have lunch before we trek back to base camp by evening.
Day5: Hargaon campsite to Sankri
We trek back to Sankri 6000 ft from Kedarkantha base camp 9000ft today which will take around 6 hours. The trail is covered with pine and oak trees with the snow-clad mountains. Reach Sankri which will commence the trek. Take home the beautiful and amazing memories of the trek. Stay in a guesthouse with dinner and enjoy the day in Sankri.
Day6: Drive from Sankri to Dehradun (200km/8 hours)
Drive back from Sankri to Dehradun will take around 10 hours which is around 200km through scenic views of the Himalayas. We will be back to Dehradun by around 3 pm in the evening.
The trip ends here
What we’ll give/What we won’t
What is included in the tour
- Transport support from Dehradun to Dehradun: Starting from a pickup on Day 1 to drop on Day 6
- All vegetarian meals starting from dinner on day 1 breakfast to day 6
- Professional guide, cook and support staff
- Rent for camping equipment
- Forest entry charges
- Porter and mule support to carry camping equipment.
- Please note that personal luggage can be carried by mules and/or porters on a chargeable basis.
- Tented accommodation throughout the trek on a triple sharing basis. Guesthouse accommodation on Day 1 and Day 5 on triple sharing basis (INR 2000 extra for twin sharing)
What is NOT included in the tour
- Transport to reach Dehradun from hometown and return
- Personal expenses like tips, personal medicines, phone calls, etc.
- Any transport support during the trek other than those specified in Inclusions
- Accommodation in Dehradun
- Porter/mule charges for personal luggage per bag per person (< 12 kg)- INR 300 per day
- Any cost arising due to unforeseen events like bad weather, roadblocks, medical evacuation, etc
THINGS TO CARRY
- 1 Pair of Thermal
- 3 Pair of Socks + 1 Pair of woolen socks
- 2 Pair of Hand Gloves (Water Proof & Fleece material)
- Sun Cap
- Woollen Cap
- Neck Warmer (Scarf/Buff)
- 2 Quick Dry Full Sleeves (T-Shirt)
- 1 Full sleeves Fleece
- 1 Wind Proof Jacket (windcheater/Heavy Jacket)
- 2 Track Pants (No Cotton or Jeans)
- Sun Glass
- Sun scream, Lip balm, Moisturizer
- Trek Pole
- Trekking Shoes (No Sports shoes or Woodland shoes)
- Poncho ( The Gear used to protect from Rain)
- Day pack (Small one)
- Back Pack 60 Ltrs (+ Rain cover)
- 2 Water Bottles
- Toilet Paper & Wet Wipes
- Hand Sanitizer
- Antibactial Powder
- Tooth Brush
- Quick Dry Towel
- Crocin (1Strip)
- Disprine (1 Strip)
- Lomotive (1 Strip)
- Digene (1Strip)
- Band Aid – Qty 5
- Neusphorine Powder
- Betadine Tube
- Vomistop/Avomine (Motion Sickness Tablet)
About Kedarkantha trek: It is one of India’s most wanted after snow hiking destinations. With the fall of the winter snowfall , it is an attractive image, even more attractive is the spectacular view of the Himalayas from the paths right up. Nestled at 3810 feet, which is about 12,500 feet for the first time, hikers embark on an adventure and enjoy the beauty of nature at its best. The fascinating and fascinating snow sights were applauded to the Himalayas.
- • Transport support from Dehradun to Dehradun: Starting from a pickup on Day 1 to drop on Day 6
- • All vegetarian meals starting from dinner on day 1 breakfast to day 6
- • Professional guide, cook and support staff
- • Rent for camping equipment
- • Forest entry charges
- • Porter and mule support to carry camping equipment.
- • Please note that personal luggage can be carried by mules and/or porters on a chargeable basis.
- • Tented accommodation throughout the trek on a triple sharing basis. Guesthouse accommodation on Day 1 and Day 5 on triple sharing basis (INR 2000 extra for twin sharing)
- • Transport to reach Dehradun from hometown and return
- • Personal expenses like tips, personal medicines, phone calls, etc.
- • Any transport support during the trek other than those specified in Inclusions
- • Accommodation in Dehradun
- • Porter/mule charges for personal luggage per bag per person (< 12 kg)- INR 300 per day
- • Any cost arising due to unforeseen events like bad weather, roadblocks, medical evacuation, etc.
- • Rent for walking poles: INR 50 per pole per day
- • Rent for trekking shoes: INR 200 per pair per day