The Markha Valley trek lies in Ladakh – The land of passes. The Markha Valley trek is certainly one of the most diverse trek in the Western Himalayas and the barren landscape of Leh Ladakh and its unique Buddhist culture makes it even more special. It ventures into the two high Himalayas Mountain Passes over 15000 feet. Markha Valley trek trails wind past willow groves, alongside patches of wild roses and through canyons decorated with multi coloured Tibetan prayer flags rising and falling in the breeze. The Markha Valley Trek goes inside Hemis National park and gives an opportunity to meet the nomadic families as they herd their yaks.
The ubiquitous “Chortens” – Stupas, Tibetan multi coloured prayer flags and Monasteries signify the regions immersion in Buddhism. During the Markha valley trek one can connect with Tibet and immerse oneself in Tibetan culture.
NOTE: COSTOMIZE AND CORPORATE TREK IS AVAILABLE FOR ABOVE 8 TREKKERS.
Terrain: Rocky and Snow
Nearest Town: Leh
Duration of the event: 9 days
Grade: EASY/MODERATE/DIFFICULT: Difficult
Accommodation: Provided by “MTT”
Detailed Markha Valley Itinerary can be send on request.
- Accommodation during Trek: Camping & Guest house in Leh on sharing basis.
- Meals while on trek (Veg) from day 3rd lunch till day 8th lunch.
- Equipment’s (Tents, Sleeping Bags, Crampon & Ice Axe if required).
- First aid medical kits & Oxygen Cylinder.
- Qualified and experienced Trek Leader and support staff.
- Transport as per Itinerary.
- All fees and permits (for Indians).
- IMF Fee (USD 50) (Non-Indian).
- Mineral Water & other Beverages.
- Wildlife Fee.
- Buffer Day.
- Any Kind of Expenses for Loss / Misplaced / Theft on Personal Belongings.
- Cost Incidental to Any Change in The Itinerary- Stay on Account of Train Cancellation / Ill Health / Road Blocks And / Or Any Factors Beyond Control.
THINGS TO CARRY:
- Trekking shoes in good condition
- Energy bars, dry fruits, flavoured milk, Electrolyte drinks